Welcome to the website for Shercock Credit Union!
Shercock Credit Union is a local, not-for-profit financial institution. It specialises in providing a safe place for savings and loans in the community. Established in 1987, Shercock Credit Union is proud of its heritage and continues to be governed by our members and voluntary Board of Directors.
Shercock Credit Union is owned by the members i.e. those who save and borrow with it.
Shercock Credit Union exists only to serve (not profit from) its members. Surplus income generated is returned to the members through a dividend and also invested back into the credit union to enhance member services. Your savings contribute to your credit union’s loan fund so they also help other members, members like you.
Shercock Credit Union is non-sectarian and non-political, and continues that Irish tradition of co-operative self-help.
Become a member today! Please visit our Application Forms page to download and complete a membership form.
The Credit Union Difference
A credit union is a group of people who save together and lend to each other at a good rate of interest. When you become a member and start saving with Shercock Credit Union, you will have access to great rates on savings and loans.
- Each credit union is an independent, ‘not-for-profit’ organisation that exists solely for the benefit of its members, not stock markets. Decisions are therefore made at a local level.
- No matter how much you have saved, all members aged 16 or over, have equal voting rights on issues affecting their credit union.
- We offer members the chance to have control over their own finances by making their own savings work for them. Shercock Credit Union is owned by the members — the people who save and borrow with it — people like you.
- When you become a member and start saving with Shercock Credit Union you will have access to fair and reasonable rates on savings and loans.
- Your savings contribute to your credit union’s loan fund. So your savings are helping other members. Members like you.
- Shercock Credit Union exists only to serve its members — not to profit from their needs. Surplus income generated is returned to members by way of a dividend and/or is directed to improved or additional services required by the members.
What Services Does Our Credit Union Offer?
We provide important financial services to our local community in a variety of ways.
We provide various loan types such as personal loans and car loans to our members. All profits are used to fund loans for other members.
Most of our members choose to save with our credit union through means such as a monthly direct debit.
We offer supporting services such as insurance to our members.
Nomination of Account
Our members are entitled to nominate a person to receive their savings in the event of their debt. This is done at no extra cost to the member.
Get In Touch
Please get in touch with us below if you have any queries, wish to become a member or have a loan enquiry which we can assist you with.