Credit Union Insurance
Shercock Credit Union Limited offers all eligible members insurance services through our partners. The insurance cover currently provided for by Shercock Credit Union Limited in respect of eligible members is:
- Loan Protection Insurance
- Life Savings Insurance
Loan Protection Insurance
One of the benefits of a loan with the Shercock Credit Union Limited is free Loan Protection Insurance. It repays the balance of the loan in the event of a member’s death. Cover is available for those in good health or carrying out normal occupational duties at the time the loan is granted.
What is Loan Protection Insurance?
In Shercock Credit Union Limited, the outstanding loan balances of eligible members are automatically insured at no direct cost to the member. This means the loan debt will be wiped clean in the event of the member’s death. Members can take out a credit union loan in the full confidence that their dependents will not have to pay the loan off in death or in total and permanent disability for any occupation. It is available for those aged 16-80 years. Banks and other financial institutions charge a separate insurance premium on top of loan repayments for this service.
Loan Protection Insurance is payable subject to policy terms and conditions:
- The insurance benefit payable is the amount of the member’s outstanding loan balance
- Cover ceases on the member’s 80th birthday
- The cover extends to include total and permanent disability from any occupation. In the event of the member becoming totally and permanently disabled for any occupation then the benefit will be paid
- The total and permanent disability must be medically determined
- The total and permanent disability must commence before the 60th birthday
Life Savings Insurance Cover
Life Savings Insurance is the life insurance cover provided to Shercock Credit Union Limited members as a member benefit i.e. at no direct cost to you and as an incentive to save regularly. Life Savings Insurance is payable on the death of the eligible member, subject to policy terms and conditions.
The amount of insurance benefit to which a member is entitled is in proportion to the amount of savings the member has made during the term of membership, and depends on the member’s age at date of lodgement.
Amounts saved after the 70th birthday are not insured. However, cover built up before the 70th birthday remains in force after the 70th birthday as long as the savings are left in the credit union. Withdrawals may affect the amount of insurance payable in the event of a claim.
Some credit unions extend cover to include the “Accidental, Death and Dismemberment” Rider. Under this extension the amount of the Life Savings claim is doubled if the member dies as the result of an accident. Also if the member looses a limb or sight as the result of an accident then a benefit may be paid to member. The amount of the benefit is based on the savings that the member makes during the term of membership and the age that lodgments are made.
Your Credit Union and AXA – saving you money! Avail of a discount of up to 10%, simply by confirming that you are a member of your Local Credit Union.
How to get a quote
To get a quote, just call AXA on 1890 336 339.
- These discounts may be amended or withdrawn by AXA at any time.
- Terms and conditions apply.
- Credit Union membership discount cannot be used with other offers.
- AXA Insurance Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Shercock Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and is acting solely as an introducer to AXA Insurance Ltd.
Contact us for a
We have great loan rates avilable for our members, please get in touch with our customer service team to discuss your loan further.